Monday, 26 July 2010

moomins!


I came back from the mountains yesterday. July's vacation is over, but I'm not the least sad about it. I have to admit: although I hate many aspects of living in a huge city, and I feel so free and happy when I go away from it, I'm a big city girl. But one thing that would make things a lot easier for me when away from the city is a nice internet connection. I feel so lost without it... I had only a very bad wireless signal and that made me feel unconnected to the world.

Anyway, even with the bad connection I managed to surf the net a little and I came across this and this. Curious as I am, I had to find out more about Moomins (and its author). And I love the humor in it... so different from everything I have ever seen. Well, the whole nordic culture is very different from what I'm used to, I always felt intrigued by them. I'm a brazilian and I'm used to the latin culture. I've heard nordics are in general very tolerant and liberal. One of my dreams is to visit the northern countries in Europe and see the black sun, or the northern lights.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I just HAD TO leave a comment here. I'm from Finland and MUUMIT (like we say in Finnish) come from Finland =o) Regards, Hanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Moomins are very popular in Finland. Our boys (ages of 14, 12 and 10) still like to watch Moomins DVDs. And I think their philosofy is wonderful =o)

    ReplyDelete